Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 3 -- Theme Scene setting & dialog

Finally, everyone is gone, been a long day, 50th surprise birthday parties are alot of work. Cluttered picnic tables, decorations, wet beach towels and drink cups everywhere. Music still playing in the background. Out over the pond is a beautiful sunset.
My friend Sue and I tired from the days events are stretched out in lawn chairs, wiht our last drinks of the evening.

"Aweeeeeee, I am exhausted.' Says Sue.

Yawning I replied, "I know what ya mean, me to."

There we sit for a few minutes listening to the Beatles song playing on the radio and sipping our drinks.

Sue says, "I think that Chester was really surprised. Did you see his face when everyone jumped out and started singing Happy Birthday? I think that everyone had a good time."

"Yeah, I think they did. But, boy what a mess we have to clean up. I don't know about you, but my thought is to hell with any clean up for tonight. I'm tired want to just sit and finish my drink and do nothing." 

"I'm with you but, we do need to atleast take care of some of the food. Can't leave that out all night." replied Sue.

Getting up from my chair with my empty drink cup in hand, I said, "Okay then let's get it done so we can just sit back and relax. I am going to make another drink to go along with the clean up."

"Oh my God, I can't believe that we have such a mess, I thought that everyone took their dishes and stuff when they left. Doesn't look like it though. Oh, well make me another drink to and we'll get it done."

1 Comments:

At February 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

Usually scene-setting is the hard part, dialogue easy, but I'd say you really score with the gym scene, come in second with this dialogue--to my ear anyway it sounds a little stiff, a writer trying a little too hard. Was it harder to write than the gym piece?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home