Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 1 Prompt--Know thyself

Alone in a quite room, What do I see?
A room with off white walls and white trim around the door and windows. The room has 2 skylights, which are lightly snow covered still. There is stuff which tells somethings about me. I like to crochet, as there are baskets of yarn sitting around. Soft colors, bright colors and variegated colors, pattern books stacked in a pile and a bundle of hooks to work on the started projects. Must have more than one thing started.
Scrubs waiting to be ironed, oh must work in the medical field. There are solids, prints, pastels and brights variety is always good. Even looking around the room I like a variety of shoes not only one pair of nursing shoes but two pair, one white and one black. Then there are a pair of sneakers, boots and casual shoes.
School books, laptops and a printer take up space on the desk and stand nearby. On the walls a couple of pictures hang.
All the previous mentioned stuff is visible by anyone who should look in, but as I sit alone in this quite room I close my eyes and there are only things which I can see. Myself on a cool summer evening riding horseback across the sandy beach, with the breeze gently blowing through my hair. Or I see myself bundled up in a winter hat, coat and mittens out in the brisk cold air  zooming down the snow covered hill on a sled. Oh my I can see many things and see many places alone in a quiet room.
What do you want to see in a quiet room? 

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

I like very much how you so nicely combine many things here: physical description of the room with a bit of your personal tastes with a bit of your life outside the room. Nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home