Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 11 -- Theme

Cardboard Boxes

Big, little, short and tall
Plain white or brown, colored or printed
Full or empty, still a cardboard box.

The girls have a huge cardboard box, they are opening it up to be flat. 
Bending it in the middle to form an upside down V.
"Look mom we have a tent" they say all proud of themselves.

The snow covered hill looks very inviting for sledding.
Oh, but wait the boys do not have a sled.
"Go get one of the old cardboard boxes" says their mother 
"It will make a great sled."

The damn cat is going to have kittens.
Let's get a cardboard box and we will make her a bed,
Some place for her to feel safe and comfortable.
Then the kittens will have a home until they are big enough to get around.

Not only just a cardboard box
they stand me up on one end, write on me with markers,
hold me down with some big rock,
Guess that I am now a sign.

We need wood for the fire,
We grab the cardboard box 
So we now have a firewood box, to carry and store the wood.
Oops fire won't start, empty out the wood 
Break up and tear the box to start the fire with.

I like to use cardboard boxes of the same shape and size.
As they make great storage containers
Stack nicely in a neat pile
I can stack them tall, I can spread them out
Even use them as a stand. 

What would we do without cardboard boxes?????????????? 





1 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

YOu had me right til the last two grafs or verses--the storage containers seemed flat after the tent, the kittens, the sleds. And no need to give us a classic closing question.

When I say 'you had me,' I mean it--that material was done with an obvious pleasure and love for the material on the part of the writer and that pleasure communicates itself automatically to the reader.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home