Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 10 -- Prompt

If you don't believe I am leaving,
You can count the days I'm gone!

Things seem okay, on the surface, that is. 
Still carrying on some what of normal activities.
Work, getting together with friends on occasions, and small talk.
But, I am unhappy and miserable.

*************************

With the passing days and weeks, we drift farther and farther apart.
Going through the motions, of what people call a relationship.
Work, school and the stress of missing children and grandchildren,
continue to build the wedge between us.

**************************

I am off to beano for the night, just for something to do out of the house.
He just wants to sit at his computer and play those foolish games or whatever.
Back from beano and low and behold he is still in the same place as when I left.
Comes to the kitchen just long enough to see if I had won anything.

****************************

Off to bed it is, sure it will be the same as it has been.
Yup! try to snuggle no go
I roll one way, He rolls the other.
Lots of space between us in this big king size bed.

*********************************

Okay the time has come, this is no fun.
Argument, words are spoken and exchanged.
I make the announcement that I am friggin miserable.
Not only that I am miserable, but that I am going to move to my daughters for awhile.

******************************

He didn't believe that I would do it.
Days pass, small talk on the phone,
Weeks have passed, more small talk and a weekend get together.
Same conversations, how long is this going on, what is happening between us.

******************************

I feeling better and much happier.
He still doing what he does best, always at the computer if he isn't working.
Weeks have now turned into months,
Still asking for me to come back, things aren't the same.

************************************

Six months later still counting the days.
Till maybe I will return.
Finally, so I guess things are over?
Yes, I will come and get my belongings.

****************************************

Funny how people try to make changes after the fact
He is still hoping and counting the days for my return....................................................

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

Yes, you've got that prompt perfectly down and done--too bad you had to have the unhappy experience to ace your English homework, but every cloud has its silver lining, eh?

The tone of this piece works nicely, sounding like a person talking but also working on the page and not 'just' talk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home