Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week 8 -- Prompt

Things I see as I walk along the street, that's heaven to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see people out walking all the time. Do you wonder how much they really see. Well I guess it depends on where you walk. I like to walk out in the country, where it is quieter. Quieter than what you ask? If you walk along the street in town you get to see things like cars and trucks wissing by you. House after house some well kept and other not so well kept. Stores with their windows done usually with nice displays, I guess if you like window shopping this would be okay. Many people coming and going, some in a hurry and others just sondering along. Street signs and traffic lights, oh my what kind of sights are these.

Now, let me take you on a journey down a street and share with you the things I see that are heaven to me. It is a beautiful sunny day. The birds are singing joyfully.If you are watching you can see them fluttering from one tree branch to another. Oops there is a robin just ahead sitting on the side of the road picking in the gravel. robins are such a nice sight to see, that means spring is here.

The grass is starting to turn green, such a beautiful sight. Oh look the trees are budding, soon to be full of leaves. The evergreen trees, fir and pine are staggered through the other trees. There is a small stream of trickling water maundering its way over the rocks and down through the trees. Under the road through a culvert to the other side to continue its journey.The sound of the trickling water is refreshing and soothing. I think soon the frogs will be peeping. Along the edge of the road are pussy willows. On occasion a car does go by.

There is a break in the trees, with an open field, sometimes you can see a deer or two there, if you are walking by at the right time. Or maybe some turkeys making their way across the field. The field having an uphill grade and at the top is a small log cabin nestled in the trees. The well kept log cabin has a small porch where one can sit to watch the sunset and the wildlife as it comes and goes. I think oh what a beautiful sight. A little further up the street as we go there is a nice old farm house with a barn. Along the field is a fenced in area with a couple of horses. I stop and watch as they are running and kicking up their heels full of energy and spirit from the winter.

To me these are joyfully, heavenly sights to see. Sunshine, fresh air to breath and the sights of wildlife and the forest around us. Taking a minute to sitting by the babbling streams and getting lost in serenity.

 


1 Comments:

At March 22, 2012 at 8:29 AM , Blogger johngoldfine said...

What if you'd had to write this some day that was full of slush and mud, all gray and cold, dark and dreary--would it still be heaven to you? I mean, it's hard not to love yesterday outside or today, but there are some hellish days too!

;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home